Full Time Position
We’re looking for a highly driven and multi-talented Project Manager to help bring our next blockbuster mobile games to life.
As an experienced team player, you will combine your industry experience with our amazing team of artists, programmers and designers to smash through obstacles and drive projects across the finish-line.
You will exceed expectations by assisting team members with scheduling and creating accurate production plans that form the bedrock of our awesome game projects.
As a Project Manager, you’ll lead talented cross-functional teams in creating innovative game content for our fans around the world. A lateral thinker and natural problem solver, you love to leverage and combine team talent to get the job done. You keep communication lines open and you’re always open to constructive feedback, both giving and receiving.
As a motivated team-player, our ideal candidate will bring their “A” game every day and seek to become a pillar of our studio in beautiful Vancouver, Canada.
Duties / Responsibilities:
- Oversee game production planning and scheduling whilst simultaneously helping set the production vision for our awesome new games.
- Inform and construct production road maps, identify critical path issues early and forming strike teams to obliterate obstacles, all before taking time out for tea and biscuits.
- Organize and curate daily stand-ups, manage backlogs and produce regular production status reports for stakeholders and publishing partners.
- Collaborate and problem solve with programmers, artists, designers and marketing / social team.
- Contribute in regular art discussion, critiques and reviews. We love feedback, you do too!
- 3+ Years’ Experience in the software or gaming industry enables you to navigate unforeseen challenges, foreseeing problems that would otherwise sink less determined professionals.
- >Goal Oriented: You crystallize ideas and plans into actionable and realistic production plans
- Adept at production tracking software tools and comfortable in training team members on best practices for updating the team.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to communicate effectively across Product Development and Publisher external teams.
- Dedication towards problem solving & taking pride in your work. Results matter to you.
- Co-operative outlook at working with others whilst being highly self-motivated.
- Maintain an inspiring creative culture, where experimentation, feedback and iteration are encouraged.
- 4+ years project management experience
- At least one full AAA full development cycle
- Previous work experience in the gaming industry (2x points for mobile!)
- Willing to work on-site in our office in Burnaby, British Columbia
- Passion for games and gaming culture!
Emerald City Exclusives:
- Closely knit team of professionals to learn from
- Open office environment for easy communication and idea sharing
- Fresh baked goods and free beer on a semi-regular basis (seriously!)
Ready to jump into your dream job? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Include your “Full Name | Position” in the subject line of your email. Applicants credited with shipped games will be given preference.