Full Time Position
It’s not easy pushing the bounds of mobile multiplayer game design.
That’s what we strive for at Emerald City Games; we take incredibly fun game design very seriously.
Our hand-picked team of creative artists, programmers and producers consider great game design as the foundation for all great games. Headquartered in stunning Vancouver BC, our game designers are a whirlpool of creativity and use rapid prototyping to ‘find the fun’. Working with one of the world’s best mobile development teams, our ideal candidate will lead the design of our ground-breaking new multiplayer titles.
Your work will span the entire product lifecycle: generating compelling game ideas, working with engineers and artists to prototype concepts, testing their appeal with real users, tweaking mechanics and developing a vision for their evolution. This will be a unique opportunity to put your stamp on the future of social and mobile gaming.
We’re looking for game designers that can go above and beyond, bringing their “A” game every day as they create the next generation of multiplayer strategy games for mobile.
Duties / Responsibilities:
- Develop and own the gameplay design ‘roadmap’ for our new free-to-play (F2P) game from pre-production to release and then to post-launch Live Ops
- Work closely with engineers, artists and producers to design and implement your game vision
- Extend gameplay systems to realize new visions for addictive gameplay and constantly improve the player experience
- Gather, acknowledge and respond to internal feedback, adjusting design choices as necessary
- Worlds, systems, level, content, narrative…you love it all but you are particularly interested in PvP systems and thematic design
- Take part in regular team discussion, critiques and Publisher reviews. We love our games, you do too!
- 5+ years of Game Design experience.
- 3yrs + working on mobile F2P games focused on multiplayer design.
- Strong passion and design expertise for RPG and Strategy games
- An excellent understanding of F2P mobile game mechanics
- Past experience with asynchronous multiplayer systems design
- Strong analytical skills – utilizing tools such as Excel
- >Experience working in an Agile environment
- Experience creating and balancing free to play strategy game economies
- Dedication towards video games and our casual office environment
- Co-operative outlook at working with others in our development teams
- Credited with game design duties on a top-performing RPG and/or strategy title
- Familiarity with Photoshop, Unity, or Sequel and the Microsoft office suite
- Proficiency with systems, UX & content design, game tuning, and design documentation
- Technical programming skills to complement your razor-sharp design insights
Emerald City Exclusives:
- Closely knit team of professionals to learn from
- Open office environment for easy communication and idea sharing
- Fresh baked goods and free beer on a semi-regular basis (seriously!)
Ready to jump into your dream job? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Include your “Full Name | Position” in the subject line of your email. Applicants who are credited with shipped games will be given preference.