Emerald City Games is looking for a couple awesome Environment Artists to join our team!
Ideally someone that can handle a variety of different tasks who has a great work ethic and attitude. Your school experience and resume don’t really mean a lot here.
Your day to day tasks will include:
- Create and integrate assets for 3D environments based on the Art Direction and technical requirements
- Be versatile, both in terms of art styles and skill sets, as there are several projects on the go with varying demands
- Collaborate with the Creative Director to review high level story/background/lore and receive direction from the Art Director
- Collaborate with the Environment team to approach tasks, establish the best practices, and continually work on making improvements
- Keep open lines of communication with designers and animators to ensure that the environment is fulfilling what’s required of it
- Request improvements in shaders and tools from programmers and FX from our FX artist(s)
- Work within programmers’ guidelines to maintain efficiency within each environment
- Skills and programs expected to know: modelling (Maya), sculpting (ZBrush), texturing (3D-Coat, Photoshop), lighting (Unity 5)
- Build free-to-play mobile games that you yourself would want to play!
Emerald City Games is unique, even by industry standards. It’s a great culture, that has you inspired every day. You need to be able to check off the following:
- Be really good at what you do. We have a high standard. We like to give our devs a lot of responsibility and ownership.
- Work hard. We want people to roll up their sleeves when they need to, while supporting and encouraging others!
- Get along well with others. At ECG we see everyone as family. We pride ourselves on creating an environment that is supportive and offers equal opportunity for everyone!
We are 100% independent. We create our own worlds, we choose to work on the games we want to make, and you will not find a more talented, inspiring, down-to-earth group to join. Drop us a line if you’re interested in being a part of it.
Check out this video to get a sense of what the culture is like here.
Oh, and don’t think you need to be in Canada to apply. Our company has a long history of obtaining work visas. We want to work with the best, and we don’t let borders stop us.
Ready to jump into your dream job? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Include your “Full Name | Position” in the subject line of your email.