Full Time Position
We’re looking for a highly creative and multi-talented Concept Artist to help bring our next blockbuster mobile games to life.
As an experienced team player, you will combine your artistic talent with our amazing team of artists and designers to create outstanding character and environmental concepts for all of our games. You are a natural born problem solver, taking detailed briefs from game designers and artists that translate into effective and compelling visual concepts.
A lateral thinker and natural problem solver, your creative talent will improve the overall user experience as players navigate our amazing game worlds, menus and more. You keep communication lines open and you’re open to feedback, both giving and receiving.
As a motivated team-player, our ideal Concept Artist will bring their “A” game every day and seek to become a pillar of our studio in beautiful Vancouver, Canada.
If this sounds like you, get in touch below and take the next big step in your videogame career!
Duties / Responsibilities:
- Create character and environment concepts for pre-production and post-launch development
- Sketch, iterate and design highly original characters and environments
- Produce environment mood paintings, lighting studies, color keys and color scripts
- Collaborate and problem solve with writers, designers, programmers and artists daily
- Develop jaw-dropping concepts and orthographs for 3D designers and animators
- Assist our marketing efforts by creating amazing public-facing promotional assets / posters and web visuals.
- Take part in regular art discussion, critiques and reviews. We love feedback, you do too!
- Work in small teams to get your content done on time
- Experience: You have 3+ years professional experience as a concept artist and/or illustrator
- Passionate about shape design, silhouette and structure and you love bringing new ideas to life
- Understanding of human and creature anatomy and comfortable with stylizing them
- Highly Adept at Photoshop and similar 2D programs with amazing judgement on aesthetics and composition
- Dedication towards video games, team collaboration and you openly give + receive constructive feedback
- Co-operative outlook at working with others in our development teams
- Previous work experience in the gaming industry (2x points for mobile!)
- Willing to work on-site in our office in Burnaby, British Columbia
Emerald City Exclusives:
- Closely knit team of professionals to learn from
- Open office environment for easy communication and idea sharing
- Fresh baked goods and free beer on a semi-regular basis (seriously!)
Ready to jump into your dream job? Contact us at email@example.com
Include your “Full Name | Position” in the subject line of your email. Applicants with a concept art portfolio and who are credited with shipped games will be given preference. An art test may be requested as part of our selection process.