Full Time Position
We know that our 3D environments are our biggest character.
At Emerald City Games we strive to push the bounds of mobile gaming. As a talented 3D Environment artist, you strive for excellence as you craft landscapes and worlds inspired from a team-built creative vision. Our studio prizes a unique, cartoony art style designed for mobile platforms and your talent for working with low or mid-poly models are highly valued.
We’re looking for artists that can go above and beyond, bringing their “A” game every day as they create the next generation of awesome environments for our in-game characters and real-world players around the world to explore..
Duties / Responsibilities:
- Model and texture 3D under mobile technical constraints
- Collaborate with art directors and concept artists to create and maintain our visual standards
- Work in a varied of styles: Low poly, high poly, fantasy, sci-fi
- Take part in regular art discussion, critiques and reviews. We love our game worlds and you do too!
- Passionate about bringing your new, awesome ideas to life in game
- Experience working with Maya ® 3D modeling / texturing in games or film
- Dedication towards video games and our casual office environment
- Co-operative outlook at working with others in our development teams
- Knowledge of Unity, 3D Coat, After Effects, ZBrush
- Previous work experience in the gaming industry (2x points for mobile!)
- Willing to work on-site in our office in Burnaby, British Columbia
Emerald City Exclusives:
- Closely knit team of professionals to learn from
- Open office environment for easy communication and idea sharing
- Fresh baked goods and free beer on a semi-regular basis (seriously!)
Ready to jump into your dream job? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Include your “Full Name | Position” in the subject line of your email.
Applicants with a 3D animation portfolio or credited with shipped games will be given preference.