It’s not easy pushing the bounds of what mobile can handle.
That’s what we strive for at Emerald City; we take our characters seriously, using them as the foundation for our great games. Our studio prizes a unique, cartoony art style designed for mobile platforms. Talent working with low or mid-poly models are highly valued.
We’re looking for artists that can go above and beyond, bringing their “A” game every day as they create the next generation of awesome 3D characters.
Duties / Responsibilities:
- >Model and texture in 3D under mobile technical constraints
- Collaborate with art directors and concept artists to create and maintain our visual standards
- Work in a varied of styles: Low poly, high poly, fantasy, sci-fi
- Take part in regular art discussion, critiques and reviews. We love our characters, you do too!
- Passionate about bringing your new, awesome ideas to life in game
- Experience working with 3ds Max or Maya ® 3D modeling / texturing in games or film
- Dedication towards video games and our casual office environment
- Co-operative outlook at working with others in our development teams
- Experience rigging and weighting 3D characters
- Knowledge of Unity, 3D Coat, After Effects, ZBrush
- Previous work experience in the gaming industry (2x points for mobile!)
- Willing to work on-site in our office in Burnaby, British Columbia
Emerald City Exclusives:
- Closely knit team of professionals to learn from
- Open office environment for easy communication and idea sharing
- Fresh baked goods and free beer on a semi-regular basis (seriously!)
Ready to jump into your dream job? Contact us at email@example.com
Include your “Full Name | Position” in the subject line of your email.
Applicants with a 3D animation portfolio or credited with shipped games will be given preference.